there's a lot of water to go under the Brexit bridge yet Covid...

1. 84,000 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    there's a lot of water to go under the Brexit bridge yet

Covid might have slowed up some machinations - but, I expect that some of Britain will break away in the next couple of years - and, that it won't be long before (if it hasn't begun already) the decline in British economy will continue as it was doing before they entered the EU - I expect when it becomes clear of Covid that the decline will accelerate

Brexit can't possibly solve British woes.

No one in Britain actually wanted Brexit ------- what many did want (and, still do) is change - they aren't happy -

what the real issue is is that Britain is very reluctant to change - they are not your change kind of person - they are very stubborn and extraordinarily conservative - going into the EU was an enormous move for them - and, that only occurred because they could see death cometh - and, it was coming - at a pretty solid clip

now, they changed by divorce - because they didn't like what they had.

But still - in their gut and heart - they refuse to change - they have their Queen, they have their pound, they have their weights and measures

they are continually losing things - like their lovely English pubs - but, those changes are forced on them - harsh realities - the problem is that they just can't see that they need to 'really' change.

I think that more or less England will be lonely - Scots have always been Scottish, Irish have always been Irish - whereas an English person will happily identify as either British or English - how many Irish people or Scottish people has one ever asked --------- what are you?? -- did they ever answer British?? ---------- I've never heard it.

I feel sorry for them, because I like a lot of poms - they are nice people and they do have some really good things - but, change -------- na - they don't do that at all ------------ and, in this particular age ------------ no change or reluctance to change and conservatism is ------------ death.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.