Brexit odds, page-23

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Robots over the next 20 years or so will imo be taking over many jobs world wide, at least in the areas of mass production and high tech precision work and probably transport and will extend to other areas. Its already happening in vehicle manufacturing and in medicine and will expand into more and more areas. Job opportunities will diminish and the displaced workers will have to be provided for. Someone I know who visited a BMW production factory in Germany told me that $200,000 robots were used and were extremely reliable and could be worked 24hours a day seven days a week and the ongoing maintenance costs were low compared to employing people. No ongoing salaries, no workers compensation, sick leave , annual leave etc

Having said all of that the people that are displaced and cant work need to be provided for and the savings from using robots etc would make paying a wage to all those that can’t find work elsewhere of around $30000pa , a viable proposition. Thats more than the Australian age pension and certainly a lot more than the dole. If automation accelerates as quickly as the use of the internet spread a new system of payments will be required to provide an income for the displaced.

The robots will take over and I recall another person who visited Germany tell me that he was awed to see motorised lawnmowers mowing lawns without an operator.
    The lawnmowers have been programmed to recognise where the mowing needs to be done, the height of the grass to be mowed and the lawn mower does not crash into anything. I guess its a similar concept to self driven cars etc.

I can envisage when going to the bank, the teller could well be a robot that will do everything including requesting you to key in your pin etc. An extension to the current ATM system.Later as they tighten ID they will have the capacity to do a finger print or eye scan to certify identity.

If you try and rob the bank the robot instigates a lockdown and maybe even taser the would be robber. Vision and details would immediately be sent to law enforcement and then Robocop would turn up. Hahahaha a great new world coming lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.