ARB 2.16% $37.84 arb corporation limited.

Brexit on ARB, page-38

1. 16,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8071
    @Warrigals,

My very worst fear is that the world of near-free money - which has driven a secular re-rating of quality stocks for the past several years - continues for another 5 years.
    Or for 10 years, even.

For it will mean even greater distortions of perceptions of "value" as investors increasingly view this to be the "new normal".

As it is, I sense that people have forgotten that half-decent businesses with P/E and EV/EBITDA multiples above 15x and 8.0x, respectively, used to be classified as expensive.

Today, stocks trade merrily away at multiples well above 20x P/E and 10x EV/EBITDA and the market barely raises an eyebrow.

Ultimately, no good is going to come of this.

But my sense is that - as long as the world's monetary heads remain hell bent on maintaining the status quo of keeping capital markets awash with easy capital - the re-rating phenomenon will keep grinding higher over time.

It would not come as a surprise to me if in a few years time, P/E multiples above 25 and EV/EBITDA multiples above 15x will be the order of the day.

We are already seeing it in certain pockets of the market, such as ARB.

It is creating a real problem for value investors, because maintaining investment process discipline could mean sitting out of the market for many years, waiting for valuations to return to acceptable levels.

It's becoming a real dilemma.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$37.84
Change
0.800(2.16%)
Mkt cap ! $3.115B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.06 $37.94 $36.77 $5.890M 157.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17 $37.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$37.84 565 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.