Brexit Style Democracy., page-8

1. 86,736 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    "Nearly 2.5 years later the Parliament that held the referendum holds a vote whether to stay or leave.... elects to stay."

utter crap - they haven't decided to stay - all they decided overnight was to reject a no deal exit

As to the majority of people voting to leave -- that's not really true -- what is true is that OF THOSE WHO VOTED - a slim majority voted to leave.

Whilst I am very strong on that should be respected --- it's very clear that this is a much bigger deal than many thought when they voted -

many who voted seem to have learned a lot more information now since that vote and have probably changed their mind.

Many of those who were slack and didn't vote - probably now strongly regret not voting.

It seems to me that when a decision of this magnitude comes to referendum - in a non compulsory voting nation - that perhaps the method of getting enough votes to make a decision should not be just a simple majority

philosophically, I think that idea sucks - but, in reality - now - a new referendum - even without lobbying from vested interests would more than likely result in a 'remain' vote - and, by a much bigger margin than the initial referendum.

I have no idea how this would all work - but, at this stage - it sure is a godawful mess that should be looked at so that they never have this issue again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.