OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

Brexit, page-11

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    'i dont follow this intricacies of the stock markets but this is so worrying. Keepin the blinkers on and fooling fellow shareholders into holding shares like has been done since nearly double the price IS NOT NICE.'

hmmm.

@investorsal,

Firstly, nobody is fooling anyone into doing anything. People can share their views as much as they like (although repeated and excessive ramping either way is not cool IMO) but at the end of the day everyone has the capacity to make their own decision based on their own research, or if not they could seek the 'professional' advice of a qualified advisor if they are either too lazy or time poor.

For my mind, Xped represents amazing value at the moment from both a technical and fundamental perspective, particularly now that the Brexit event has impacted the SP to new lows not seen since pre-Telink and pre-Intel announcements. I've stated the rationale behind my current sentiment on several occasions and have provided some in depth analysis to boot (but no need to repeat here again). Some agree, some disagree, others continue to think that someone receiving multiple thumbs ups for making a rationale argument is a sign of overhype or a bad investment.

But the fact is that XPE is popular for good reason, and it has nothing to do with me or any other outsider's single opinion. I am aware of another social media platform that has 250+ Xped devotees. Hmmm, surely must be a terrible investment if this many people believe in the fundamentals and share research on a daily basis. Then there's the growing no. of tech heads who have purchased the ADRC kits for their own projects and have since become investors.
    So to all the non holders, please keep the above in mind before you continue to bag the company and the investors who support it.

Secondly, the fact that you admit that you don't follow the intricacies of the stock market leads me to think that you could also be a little ignorant of real world economics and how the media profits. The job for their employees is to find a good story, sensationalise or dramatise it as much as possible in an effort to sell more newspapers, or attract a bigger audience on the radio, online or on the TV. The goal is to ultimately to sell more advertising and maintain/increase profits. The media's worst nightmare is a ordinary day so when something like a Brexit surprises the world, they grab it and milk it for all it's worth. Fear creation and sensationalist reporting sells papers.

Now I'm not suggesting that Brexit isn't a significant event for Britain and the rest of Europe, but as one prominent UK businessman put it after being asked about the likely effects in Britain following the decision to leave the Euro, "the sun is still shining and the trains are still running!" When asked about the dramatic fall in the pound, he commented "well it was pushed higher before the result was known, so yeah it's down a bit (referring to the shock result as the cause), but it'll come back up" or words to that effect.

The other lesson here is that even the so called 'experts' get it wrong from time to time (as they did forecasting the result). Even Nigel Farage - the leader of the 'leave' camp - called it incorrectly, admitting that the they were unlikely to win soon after the voting had ceased.
    Had the experts forecasted this result correctly and given the world time to discuss the possible consequences, I'd very much doubt that yesterday's impact would have been so severe and far reaching. The fact that the world was taken by surprise left markets reeling and in shock. (btw hats off to @trader_10 for calling it correctly).

But as always, the shock will subside along with fear (particularly if you live outside of the Europe). The reality is that it will take Britain years to untangle itself completely from the EU. This will not be a one or two week exercise, and the world will quickly get used to the fact that Britain has regained its sovereignty. Britain will continue to trade with Europe and vice versa. They both need each other to a certain degree. Britain will also soon be free to negotiate new trading agreements with the rest of the world. They have the opportunity to become a powerhouse economy again with the removal of years of anti-competitive tariffs, quotas and complex regulation. Of course new arrangements and terms will need to be negotiated and this will take time, but hey, that's business.

It is also worth noting that there are some key differences between this crisis and say Greece for example, including the fact that Britain has its own currency and a well funded central bank. Not a bad head start to have when on the road to independence.

Over in Brussels the unelected paper shufflers that siphon the wealth of EU member countries and give back little in return have a choice - either relinquish some of their power, get rid of protectionism, complex and cleverly worded regulations, tariffs and quotas and encourage competitive behaviour for the greater good of the European economy and its citizens - or risk an unwinding of the EU, starting with a Dexit (Denmark Exit), Frexit (France) and Nexit (Netherlands). It's that simple.

But in any case...what does Brexit have to do with an amazing technology that is set to revolutionise communication between things all over the world? Well the answer is sweet FA.

So next time the experts tell you that the sky is falling and that the world is doomed, you might like to remind them that
    a) 52% of British citizens disagree
    b) the sun is still shining and the trains are still running and
    c) you so called 'experts' couldn't predict a p*ssup in a London Brewery, let alone the cause and timing of a bona fide global financial crisis.

Cheers
    Elpha

p.s. I'd recommend watching the following if you haven't seen it, particularly the part that discusses Switzerland which has steadfastly refused to join the EU. One must ask the question how could they be faring so well in comparison to their 'protected' neighbours?

Last edited by elphamale: 25/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.