OAK 0.00% 6.9¢ oakridge international limited

Brexit, page-17

1. 557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    So my background is in politics (worked in advisory roles for government and individual ministers), and while I do agree with your call that cool heads will prevail, I think you've completely missed the point about the wider implications of Brexit on the UK.

Obviously the EU will now be paying serious attention to a growing popular 'leave' sentiment throughout EU member states. However, the EU is by-and-large popular, if you aggregate the member states. The only one that has a stable majority in favour of leaving is Greece - the French, Dutch, Danes, and Italian's all have majorities in favour of the EU.

So the EU will remain in the long-run. There will be sabre rattling from nationalist movements within some of the richer member states but it's unlikely that they will garner enough support to go the way of Britain.

The biggest implications will be on the UK itself. It is VERY likely that, if the UK does end up leaving the EU (at this stage that is even unknown, note the petition to hold a new referendum that has already collected 2.5 million signatures), Scotland will leave the UK and remain in the EU. That would put serious pressure on Northern Island to reunify with Ireland, leaving the UK as England and Wales only. So the "powerhouse" economy prediction is IMO way off, and I think the current market status supports my theory.

So while I would agree that the sky is certainly not falling for the global economy, it certainly could be for the UK. The implications for XPE? Anyone's guess. Brexit at this stage is more about confidence and sentiment than anything else. So for me, this has been a great opportunity to buy cheap and lower my average price.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.862M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 91166 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 182500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.