GNC 0.92% $8.78 graincorp limited

All,as i have posted previously, there is a buy / sell spread of...

1. 2,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    All,

as i have posted previously, there is a buy / sell spread of between 7 and 10 percent over the last year.

personally i couldn't care less about daily fluctuations...... as this trend is liable to continue for some time.

If those (that are interested) look at two indicators only - simple RSI and Bollinger bands: -

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4806/4806015-ed9e4f66c8be649c7c37398f3bd69e19.jpg

See how close they are - it is not surprising as very similar mathematics is used in both. However what is interesting is that on the RSI , the SP drifts into the overbought or oversold territory occasionally, but rarely does the SP move above or below the BB limits.

Whilst the instos are using sophisticated models to choose the buy in / sell off points, we dont know what models they are using, so we can only look at the historical evidence.

Personally i have no interest in talking up or down, (although i am mainly positive at the moment, and have been for the last 18 months or so) -

So, i use a simple method to buy in or sell out - if the SP moves outside the BB range buy/sell immediately, but before that i look at the RSI trending, if the RSI is trending up past 80% / sell or 20% / buy. You will not hit the top or bottom, but will be close. As a caveat to this, if the BBs are narrowing, then hold !

Hope that helps anyone, it has worked for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.