LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

bravo sarcophagus,I have been opposed to the sale of Crown from...

1. 120 Posts.
    bravo sarcophagus,

I have been opposed to the sale of Crown from the start and have always been uneasy about NC's status as both Chairman and CEO as well as Chairman of Forge, however until now I've been open to the idea that perhaps Nick could remain on as CEO if the Forge deal fell through and he stood down as Chairman of both boards.

After reading what he had to say the Australian Shareholders association, I have changed my mind. Nick Curtis must go as both CEO and Chairman of Lynas.

The line which convinced me of this actually wasn't "It's not my fault if I make a lot of money" (yes it is Nick, if that money should belong to Lynas shareholders) ... it was the fact that Nick clearly intends to continue as CEO of BOTH companies while holding a 38% stake in Forge, having vested a whole or partial stake in most of LYC's tenements to Forge.

He is so deluded about this unprecedented conflict of interest that it goes beyond a lack of trust - he can actually be expected to favour FRG over LYC at every turn.

It's not enough to end this madness and achieve a compromise spinoff of Forge in which all LYC shareholders have an equal stake. The real value in Forge lies in the Rare Earths which are absolutely core assets. There is nothing to gain from any spinoff - only additional costs and additional concerns about conflict of interest between the two entities, especially with this nonsensical "cooperation area" which is ripe for expoitation.

Nick Curtis's association with Lynas must be ended. Preferably in an orderly and progressive fashion, beginning with his removal from the board...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.