QIN 0.00% 29.5¢ quintis ltd

I am not sure how many stake holders see this, but it is the...

1. 157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I am not sure how many stake holders see this, but it is the bright spotlight that is discouraging a large section of Sandalwood buyers.
    Largest sandalwood market is in China & India and QIN was being the pioneer to create an organized and transparent market for this product. But let us be realistic and accept that the market at the moment is primarily grey. So the easiest way to hurt/kill this company would be to shine a bright spotlight here and drive all the clients away.
    QIN currently has no cash flow problem. But drive the clients away and show the product as worthless and it won’t take long for the analysts to withdraw their bullish forecasts. Then a school kid can show a short-term cash flow problem.
    Let us not forget the ethical side (who cares when we are losing money?). This is a product as green as it can be, it brings happiness to huge number of people without hurting anybody. (I have come across an argument that these trees should be removed and the land be used for producing food).
    The management did not see that someone could come and destroy their market so easily, albeit temporarily. Other than this, the management has handled everything very smartly for many years.
    QIN now has to wait for the spotlight to go away and/or find clients who are capable of doing business under current conditions and find ways fend off any cash-flow crunch in the short term.
    Shorters in this case has been very lucky with current board’s childish handling of Galderma debacle. It is difficult though to shake off the thought that some of the short-trades were with insider knowledge. It was a commendable job to dig out the problem with QIN’s client in China. On the other hand, Galderma (an US company) stopped buying oil because they have discontinued the related product (in US market) for so long – how hard was it to find?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QIN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.