Brilliant negotiating skills, page-27

1. 46,687 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Enoggera, remuneration is one aspect of workers' employment condition and often reflects risk. As yet the number of deaths at the Samarco Mine is yet to be established, along with who is to be held accountable.

While I think the reported tugboat claims are grossly excessive, I also think executive remuneration in Australia is grossly excessive and unrelated to actual company performance.

Given the very ordinary performance of so many Australian companies whose success was judged as depending on government decisions rather than expertise and creativity [many of which have even made an artform of going back to investors for extra capital] IMO they should not be receiving more than 100 times average worker wages as they are at present.

Excessive worker remuneration such as that ambit claim is abhorrent to me, but so is excessive executive remuneration by very ordinary performers who IMO are milking companies dry at levels never before seen in our history. Further, they can even shortchange other taxpayers due to generous concessions John Howard provided via superannuation they will never need.

IMO Australia's values are being trashed by practices that have been enabled by our governments.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.