bring back any memories?, page-28

1. 17,117 Posts.
    great post...but it means we are all old!
    and nearing our 'use by date'

I lived on a farm, so we took it in turn to milk the cows...
    we had no deliveries...zilch nothing, we were too far away

I recall when my parents upgraded, and we had a septic tank ? or a sewage tank installed, with the flush toilet

as a teenager, our fun on Saturday nights, was doing burnouts, racing our Fords against the Holdens, dragging up and down the Hume Highway...
    my parents thought we were at the movies, or hanging out with friends, partying...rock n roll etc
    or going to see a gig in town
    we did that too
    playing the jukebox at the local cafes...

we did not do drugs....I had never heard of them until my daughter was a teenager, generations later

we did not drink...but we smoked
    you cannot drink and drive cars, and we did some seriously dangerous driving
    we watched the rock n roll tv show on Saturday nights, before going out
    I cannot remember...was it Bill Henderson ?
    other than that, we went to school, had chores after school, did out homework, and listened to the BBC on 2 wave radio
    we were only allowed out Saturday night, after we turned 16...and my parents had to approve of my friends, or it was a no go
    there was no takeaway, but we went out for dinner...
    or we went to cafes, that served delicious food, milk shakes, pies and cakes etc
    we all had chores to do on the farm, looking after the animals, no ifs or buts about it
    I learnt to drive a car when I was 12....
    we had loads of fun playing with my siblings...
    or fighting...
    my parents drove us to school, and collectd us most days...

we all complained so much if we had to walk home....about 3 or 5 klms...I have forgotten
    I would much prefer my life then...versus what the kids have to deal with today...
    I have loved life, in all the stages, and changes....
    but am not wrapped in the getting old stage....
    it sucks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.