bring back protectionism, page-4

1. 1,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Dopey it may not be a bad thing to be poor but it is a hell of a lot better to have money to spend as you need it. If I have a choice I will take money over poverty any day.

Also forgot to mention things like dumping. for example

We are importing oranges from California and local farmers are ploughing their produce into the soil and cutting down their trees. What's wrong with putting on duties for things like that? ( Please don't start on about water use etc. This is only an example.)

Pinto,

It's a bit hard to order a motor vehicle over the internet. Ok so it will cost more to buy a car but then so many jobs are created along the supply and manufacturing chain that more people could afford one.
    And I have noticed that a lot of the things we import from overseas these days are cheap and nasty. Our DVD player seems to last no more than 1 year and then it needs replacing. You get what you pay for.

We must protect our country economically or else we will only get employment as bankers, miners or baristas. Our kids deserve a better future with a wider range of opportunities than the increasingly limited scope they have now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.