AJX 0.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

Bring balance to the for(ce)um, page-119

1. 83,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    the military is a moving target ---------------------- ha, do I get a heart for that one?

forgive my approximations here - I am only going on memory.

OK - a minimum, I think we can trust ------- $10 million.

Now - the 'historical' yardage was estimated between $10 and $16 million revenue per year.

We were then told that extensions to that could go to $60 or $70 millions as the military rolled out FR uniforms to other than front line fighters.

Then from memory - Congress passed legislation.

NC all the way through this was a bit ho hum on the military - whilst I was doing hoops about it - I got told to concentrate on the commercial stuff - all the while I thought - hang on a minnie - $60-$70 million isn't anything to scoff at.

At some point I worked out that the amount could be a lot higher - so, I put my hand in the rat trap and asked NC again -------- he avoided putting a number on it - said something like yes it's large, but don't get excited. What can I say - I was excited - I could see the writing.

Then - low and behold - the Fosters report put a number out there ------ no more Pinto ramping - these boys blew my numbers out the bloody window -- $370 million I think it was - or close.

Nowwww we are talking.

Now, since then we have had another at least - one figure - of $200 and something market wise -

so, how long is a piece of string?

My take is - the historical yardage is in the bag - and 'some' extension - the question is - how 'much' extension.

Judging by the dining bill - Southern Command Marines are a go ----- which means pretty much has to be ALL marines - as long as other commanders are convinced.

Navy is rumbling as well and so is a lot of the rest of the Army. Haven't heard much about the Air Force - they are probably a bit Koala’ish - like ours - but, they will come to the party on time or eventually.

The key really is ----------- how far and how fast. Personally I think we will only know the full extent of it well into 2017 - maybe even 2018 - once all is changed over (full replacement is a 2 year job). But, next year will be a very big start IMO.

Aside from the US - Nato will probably follow as night follows day - and heaven's knows who else.

All up - honestly, I wouldn't like to guess - there are just so many things that are made of material that you don't want to burn that a soldier or sailor or airman carries - right from shirts and trousers - obvious - but, to packs, belts, boots, socks, anything with straps, ammo pouches -------- it really is a long list.
    Then there is the hidden --------------- the sports gear the blokes wear underneath - most of which they have been banned from wearing because of flammability ----------- that stuff is provided by civilian firms selling to soldiers as normal people -

those sport firms aren't going to give up that market once they know a cheap, green effective - AND military accepted cloth is available for manufacture ----------------- so,

they will produce ------ now, the question is - will they keep the FR products as a separate line - or will they possibly convert every line??

Anyone game enough to put a number on that one - go right ahead.

Whatever happens - it will be instructive to see how AJX goes in the next few years - this is a big time industry change and AJX is getting a rails ride ------- you don't get to see that many times in a lifetime - and you get even fewer chances to be involved.

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $118 10.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 86750 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 2629961 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.22pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.