This has turned out to be a rather fascinating thread, not least...

1. 350 Posts.
    This has turned out to be a rather fascinating thread, not least because of all the statements may by various HC users.

@rumpelstiltskin "Speculation on the Brisbane Times Facebook page that a policeman told a poster they have a man in custody named Samuil Al-Hayyd.
    Let's see how this unfolds."
    Police have arrested a man by the name of Anthony O’donahue, a very Anglo-Saxon (in the generic sense) sounding name. Why would you post an unsubstantiated rumour? Could it be because it taps into fears people have about Islamic terrorism?

@groundzero "I think everyone is waiting with bated breath for confirmation of what we suspect, rabs."
    Why would you suspect an Arab, when there was no evidence at the time supporting this claim? A claim which has been turned out to be entirely false.

@Grant64t "rabbitoh, I dont often drive through Moorooka, but the times that I have done over the recent years I have made sure my car doors are locked. Moorooka is known as the "Little Africa" of Brisbane.
    Anyone that has driven through Moorooka on Beaudesert Road, would know what I'm suggesting !
    Dangerous characters
    Ague Nyok, an immigrant from Sudan, turns out to be the hero in this story.

@ozexplorer "But in Africa and the middle east acts like this are a every day occurrence.......they are bringing their old way of life an customs over here......"
    The alleged perpetrator of this incident is Australian. Why would you suggest they were African or Middle Eastern, when there was no evidence to suggest this was so?

@Grant64t "The  consequences of Open Borders !
    Unfortunately Australia's journey has only just begun "
    Nope, not the consequence of open borders. He was Australian. Why would you suggest this was the consequence of open borders when there was no evidence to suggest this was so?

@ozexplorer "An the government of whatever political party reckon we need at least 130,000 plus of these people coming in every year...."
    "these people"? He's Australian! Or did you just assume he is an immigrant because it matches your views on immigration?

@enoggera "Did you have that all ready for just such an emergency apology on behalf of this type of imported , damaged , savage nut job? if so why?"
    Why did you assume this "nut job" was imported?

@rumpelstiltskin "So, a bomb was thrown into the bus, but there's no terrorism.
    I call BS on that."
    To date, the police have not claimed this horrific event is related to terrorism. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

@jimcross "I reckon the perp was a muslim."
    Why? There is no evidence to support this claim. Do you still believe this?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.