I don't get it either. The most skillful footballers without...

1. 22,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1249
    I don't get it either. The most skillful footballers without doubt are the top line indigenous players going back to Polly Farmer, Syd Jackson from the Blues who used to have to get rubbed down in a separate room away from the white players (assuming that story is true) but to this day has retained his sense of humility, humour and pride, and is still the best number 5 Carlton has ever had... to recent player Eddie Betts!

Most memorable game of footy I saw in early 2000's in the Alice, Town V Country. Country 100% indigenous, Town approx 20%, tough, the skills were unbelievable, the winners got a tee-shirt and if there wasn't half a dozen who could have walked into any AFL side I'd eat my hat! After watching that game and chatting to one player after the game I could see for the first time why they wouldn't want to get stuck in Melbourne, up until then it made no sense to me. Now it makes perfect sense, why leave your family for the filth of money, gambling, being taken by spivs in the big smoke?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.