Prop it up to the point where it unaffordable for most people? I...

1. 24,751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Prop it up to the point where it unaffordable for most people? I guess the government could reduce it's tax gouge on house builds but we all know that wont happen anytime soon. But hey, here's an idea that doesn't involve importing barbarian hordes.

The housing supply and affordability crisis is upon us and debating how we arrived here won’t help.

One Nation’s housing policy ‘looks to the future,’ offering common-sense solutions to help more Australians purchase their own home, while at the same time, reducing rent.

Overview

• Lower immigration to sustainable levels to reduce housing demand.
    • Ban foreign ownership of residential property to increase housing supply.
    • Allow a portion of your superannuation to be invested in a home purchase.
    • Ditch Labor’s Housing Future Fund and invest those funds into creating a new People’s Mortgage Scheme, offering 5% deposit and 5% interest rate.
    • Allow people with a HECS debt to roll their debt into a People’s Mortgage account, improving their ability to obtain and service a housing loan.
    • Implement a 5-year moratorium on charging GST for new home construction, which will make new homes more affordable.

One Nation’s policy to address the housing shortage involves reducing immigration until the housing market stabilises.

This strategy is grounded in logic that if we already have a limited supply of houses and we increase demand faster than new homes can be constructed, it will only lead to a worse housing shortage. Even those who support high immigration should recognise that this approach makes sense.

Anthony Albanese has overseen the arrival of 2.4 million new residents in just the last 2 years, creating a demand for 700,000 homes. With home approvals at just 160,000 per annum, our housing shortage continues to get worse. In turn, the worsening shortage will cause higher rents and higher home prices, putting home ownership or rentals out of reach for many everyday Australians.

https://tinyurl.com/5n7jcxbt

I know who ill will be voting for at the next farcical 'election'.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.