BRL 3.31% 78.0¢ bathurst resources limited.

BRL Chart, page-392

1. 475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Both thermal and coking coal prices have basically risen the the last couple of years on stronger demand.
    China also helped kicked things off initially by introducing policies to keep coal prices within a certain range to help it's rationalization of it's steel and coal industries.

Won't North Korea be needing a fair wack of it's thermal coal for power generation in modernising it's infrastructure etc and building up it's economy, bringing people out of poverty etc.

And there will be a big demand also for steel so good for coking coal. Chinese steel mills prob looking opimistically at coming demand from Nth Korea.

Obviously Nth Korea will be looking forward to again exporting their thermal coal but i'm not sure they'll be potentially flooding the market. And if they did, and prices went down because of that, i'm not sure that coking coal prices would in turn, follow suit, because of the healthy demand outlook for coking coal.

I also think Nth Korea would be aware of the demand/supply dynamics and wouldn't want to flood the market, even if they could, and pressure thermal coal prices too low. Would be shooting themselves in the foot.

In my opinion

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.0¢
Change
0.025(3.31%)
Mkt cap ! $149.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
75.0¢ 78.0¢ 74.5¢ $14.06K 18.55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4234 75.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.0¢ 9139 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.