BRN 9.80% 23.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Arm joins with GM, Toyota to create self-driving systems...

1. 8,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2215
    Arm joins with GM, Toyota to create self-driving systems

https://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0006067880?fp=16632983571bab398313bd5fbbc3777c

ALL GENRES
    Arm joins with GM, Toyota to create self-driving systems

Reuters
    Arm Holdings Chief Executive Simon Segars speaks at the company’s annual user conference in San Jose, Calif., on Tuesday.
    9:00 pm, October 09, 2019
    ReutersSAN JOSE, Calif. (Reuters) — Arm Holdings, the British chip technology firm owned by Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp., is joining with automakers General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. to establish common computing systems for self-driving cars, an effort the companies hope will speed development of the technology.
    Arm supplies the underlying technology for the processors found in today’s smartphones but does not make chips itself. Its ties to the automotive industry go back to the late 1990s, when automakers began to add computer chips to vehicles for functions like engine control and diagnostics.

“I just came back from trips in the U.S. and China and had the opportunity to ride in four different types of autonomous vehicles. They were great prototype platforms for proving the software, but when I asked to look at the electronics powering these vehicles, it literally was servers in trunks,” Chet Babla, Arm’s vice president of automotive, told Reuters in an interview. “We’ve got a long way to go.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.