BRN 2.94% 17.5¢ brainchip holdings ltd

BRN to be removed from ASX200?, page-106

1. 2,064 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 297
    I think it is well known the missing the best few trading days on any stock makes a big difference in returns. ie Time in the market beats Timing the market.

Brainchip has gone up more than 40% in a day on more than one occasion. So it is not unreasonable to suppose BRN could gap to more than it's 52 week high following a trading halt and a material announcement. Say a takeover offer or significant revenue from a licensing agreement.

After all one of the reason that some analyst discount BRN is that if the tech is any good why doesn't one of the big boys take it over. Well the tech is good and well protected with a portfolio of patents so a takeover offer is completely possible.

Another reason is given is BRN has no revenue so if BRN did announce a revenue producing deal it could be expected the share price would rise. Imagine a major phone maker, currently using ARM cpu decide it is worthwhile to add a neuromorphic core and signs a license with BRN. Not at all impossible.

The difference between the NASA and Mecedes spikes is that BRN would be re-rated

As I said we have recovered our capital from our BRN investment. So it is no problem for us to be amused at the pricing charts. I would imagine a lot of other long term holders are in a similar situation.

I am still puzzled at how the shorters expect to get cover. Although it does looked like they have stopped selling

Daily Gross Short Sales reported for 26-Jun-2023, ASX Limited (ASX) & Chi-X Australia (CHI-X)

BRN     BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD            FPO                   37,138       1,775,058,145         .00

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
0.005(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $343.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 18.5¢ 16.5¢ $1.865M 10.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 1001708 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 167790 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.