ALK 3.30% 44.0¢ alkane resources limited

It would be optimistic. In engineering lingo "a week or two"...

1. 4,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    It would be optimistic. In engineering lingo "a week or two" equals a quarter or two. It is also intersting to note the "blowout" in capital costs.

Better prepare for a big cap raising.

On the uranium front, a change of government won't have a material effect on the prospects of Dubbo being legally able to be mined. It is not legal, at the moment, to mine uranium. It is also not like you can make a 'hot' concentrate and ship it from Dubbo to China for processing.

The Liberals would need to begin campaigning in earnest on a change to the ban on uranium mining, if only for the purposes of reclassifying the 60tpa by-product Dubbo would make as not constituting mining of uranium, as it currently would be classed.

The government would then have to decide if it was better to allow the sale of this product, or require it to be sterilised and stored safely on site. Option One is de-facto mining of uranium for profit, and likely to get Greenies angry. option two is patently unpalatable to Dubbonians and Greenies alike.

I remain patient for signs of a technical breakout on ALK, but I remain skeptical that they will convince the least mining-friendly jurisdiction in Australia that it should allow de-facto mining of uranium in order to access REE's, zirconium and accessory metals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.