BRO 0.00% 0.2¢ broad investments limited

broadip fpr falcons 5th & 6th

1. 784 Posts.
    Article from http://www.autoracingdaily.com

This is good coverage for Broad...Its starting ;)

The vast untapped market of revheads......

----------------------------------
    BroadIP FPR Falcons 5Th & 6Th In First Perth Race

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) drivers Jason Bright and Mark Winterbottom have raced to 5th and 6th places in the first of three Perth V8 Supercar heats to decide the third round of the 2006 Australian V8 Supercar Championship.

Bright started the race from 8th on the grid in the CAT FPR Falcon, setting a strong pace throughout the opening stages, progressing to 6th by his compulsory pit stop for tyres on the 7th lap. The FPR pit crew sent the Victorian driver on his way after a fast 3.9 second stop, enabling Bright to continue his chase of the top five. He finished the race in 5th place, displaying strong pace throughout the 50 laps.

Winterbottom started the race from 9th on the grid in the BroadIP Ford Credit Falcon, setting a strong race pace from the green light and making his way into the top five by his pit stop on lap 8. With the team taking a very swift 3.4 seconds to change the rear tyres, Winterbottom was able to leap-frog Holden driver Garth Tander, placing him in fourth position by half race distance. A flat spotted front tyre led to braking problems towards the closing stages of the race, Winterbottom finishing in 6th place.

The race was won by Mark Skaife ahead of Steven Richards and Ford driver Craig Lowndes. At 5th and 6th, FPR was the highest placed Ford team in the race. The team returns to Perth's Barbagallo Raceway tomorrow (Sunday May 13) for a reverse grid 50 lap heat at 10:00am (12:00pm EST).

#6 Jason Bright - "The car was good and we were happy with the pace we had early on, and we also tried a few things during the race that helped. With some fine tuning overnight we will have a stronger car for tomorrow. Considering the improvements we have made since practice, I was happy with a top five car today. "

#5 Mark Winterbottom - "I had a really good run in that race, we had great car speed and if I hadn't locked the front brakes I think that we had the pace to finish higher today. The braking issue aside, we have a great car and look out tomorrow - we are in very good shape for the two remaining races."

FPR Motorsport Director, Tim Edwards - "We knew that we had the pace to be strong here today despite our results in practice. It was good to qualify both cars in the top ten and to have both drivers complete fantastic races to finish 5th and 6th and compete with the leaders throughout. The team's pit work was excellent as well with two sub four second stops."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.