FMG 1.87% $18.40 fortescue ltd

Oh boy, if Mr Tipper had come to me, I would have told him how...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Oh boy, if Mr Tipper had come to me, I would have told him how to get access to the FMG line.

Much of the diatribe above is fantastic fodder for a "don't-give-me-access" argument. Abusing the person you want to impress is a good start.

Mr Tipper makes a distinction between open access, - and FMG carrying their ore for a fee. He greedily wants the former.

My advice is to do what FMG did. Start with a dream, no money, no approvals, a sarcastic press, but with a sheer determination to build a company. Whingeing and whining won't do it and makes failure an absolute certainty.

Interestingly, we are now seeing some dirty linen on BCK's hierarchy. De ja vu indeed. For the first couple of years of FMG's start up, every press article on Andrew Forrest was prefaced with "failed-entrepreneur".

Its kinda ironic really. The failed ASIC case against Andrew Forrest had its roots in Chinese financing of his railway. That rail line was built with sheer determination against near-impossible odds.

Blind Freddy knows that if a viable start-up company came to FMG with a financially viable business plan to use their railway, they would be welcome with open arms.

A cynic might see it as an excuse for BCK to blame any subsequent failure on somebody else's recalcitrance?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.40
Change
-0.350(1.87%)
Mkt cap ! $56.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.40 $18.81 $18.26 $189.7M 10.27M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12941 $18.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.41 1940 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.