LEI 1.67% $20.71 leighton holdings limited

G'day Buffet,As I said in a different post; I have never...

1. 549 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    G'day Buffet,

As I said in a different post; I have never considered LEI to be a yield play. And they shouldn't be. Dunno where you get off assuming that I am some yield-player???

As for your assumption 12 months ago about LEI falling from grace, well you could have thrown a dart at the entire ASX and landed on one that was going to plummet.

Despite LEI's under-performance over the last year, I look further ahead. I am a long-term investor. I have faith that their cashflow will improve and they will grow profits at a much faster rate than the general market.

Reasons? Here's a few: Under-investment in Australian infrastructure, rising unemployment with a cashed-up no-idea government in charge, quality management, barriers to entry for competition on large scale jobs. Not gunna find that on the balance sheet.

Those who only analyze the current data with no vision will remain in the pack and miss opportunities.

Oh, and this is a lovely remark; "Perhaps a little examination of the accounts of shares you hold wouldn't go astray."

How the hell would you know what is in my portfolio? And why do you assume that I don't examine my investments?

Here are a few of my core holdings; AGK, ASX, BHP, CSL, LEI, NCM, WES, WOW, WPL...bought most of them over 5 years ago and then averaged down on them in September 2007 to leave next to no initial capital investment, so I have no intention on selling any of them. Yes, a few might be doin it tough right now, but hey, did you hear about a world-wide financial crisis that is spookin everyone? Still, I doubt that the wheels are going to fall off all of those babies.

And I still say LEI is one of the best buys on the ASX at the moment. You don't have to agree, but keep the personal attacks out of it hey.

Don't tell me how to run a business either; I have plenty of my own that I run successfully. Might even list them one day...hope you'll take up the IPO. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.