COB 4.65% 8.2¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Hi bluesamaurai (and all COB holders).Recently I have been...

1. 390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 597
    Hi bluesamaurai (and all COB holders).

Recently I have been reading a lot of posts here, and watching a number of this company's video presentations. I'm aware of the huge cobalt shortage forecast for later this decade. I have been impressed with what I've seen and heard. Stock.head seems to be pushing this company a lot for whatever that's worth.

I'm hoping you would show some patience and indulge me with some absolute beginner questions to help me make my own decision whether or not to buy. Your numerous, informative, and high quality posts have helped me a lot. You seem very invested (and I don't just mean financially either) in this company. I'm the same about a micro cap energy stock which I can't seem to stay away from!

I am interested in COB and another small, Australian company which is getting close to uranium production as part of the decarbonisation theme. My sitting on the sidelines is partly procrastination, and partly an uneasiness about this market. It's just been easier to sit in cash with all the doom and gloom commentary and volatility. But that won't help me in the long run.

Have you really been in this company since...2011, I think you wrote? Wow! I'm guessing your shares were with another company and COB is a merged entity as the share graph only goes back to 2017. Are you up a reasonable percent over that time since your initial purchase? It's incredible dedication to hold for this long with production still a thing of the future. Are you as positive now about the venture's success as in previous years.

Apparently cobalt is a byproduct of nickel and copper mining. As production of these common base metals is likely to increase in big quantities, won't that mean more cobolt is automatically being produced; or is the shortage so great that it won't matter? My understanding is COB's production won't be huge. That is, it's not a massive mine and won't put much of a dent in world production. Doesn't this mean there is a construction risk which investors face but the end payoff is limited even if everything goes right -- since it's not a big operation? Is our production likely to be dwarfed by what huge new copper (Chalice Mining?) mines produce or is the byproduct from other operations actually pretty small?

I love the green production methods, and friendly jurisdiction (Australia), plus designation as a critical metal. There is bound to be a massive shortage ahead which will push up prices. The tailwinds are incredibly impressive. Does COB have enough anticipated supply? Will they be able to charge a premium or be a preferred supplier due to the product originating from Australia? Does a lot depend on mine expansion and further exploration for this project to be super profitable, and a huge win for shareholders? Is a takeover from a larger company a distinct possibility, and probable end goal? I guess I'm trying to get a sense of the risk vs. reward equation here.

Are there any projected earnings per share that we can expect based on current cobalt prices? Any broker research (FN Arena doesn't have any)? Any type of numbers or projections which could show whether this company is good value at 68¢ (or 38¢ or 98¢...)? Maybe an old post I've missed from a year ago which you could recommend?

I'm not a troll Hopefully you or a couple of other longer term members could throw m a few ideas and straighten me out!

I would be grateful for any comments or feedback you could provide.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.004(4.65%)
Mkt cap ! $34.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.1¢ $46.73K 560.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5476 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 36144 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.