COB 1.43% 7.1¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

noone knows the % of it mined by children but without any...

1. 422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    noone knows the % of it mined by children but without any question there is a significant problem with child workers in cobalt mines in Congo. Its been newsworthy for many years. Plus unsafe work practices in many mines. Plus general tensions and violence in other non cobalt mines

google Financial TImes article from 2019 Dozens die in Congo mine accident

and last year Dozens, including a baby killed in raid on DRC gold mine

Difficult issue is COB doesnt want the supply of cobalt to dry up out of Congo as thats the WORST CASE scenario for COB and all global cobalt producers. Companies will be forced to find new technologies not needing cobalt. Our Broken Hill cobalt, COB producing 5m EVs worth of cobalt is a TINY DROP in the total long term demand. Congo, and probably Indo, will be the major players but COB can stand out from an ESG perspective but lets face facts here we arent solving any global supply issue in any form of meaningful way. UNLESS tailings works and we get an uplift from QLD tailings alone 3-4x the cobalt (at higher grade and lower AISC which would mean perhaps 15m EV's worth of cobalt) and then WA more likely 10-15X the cobalt of BHCP lets call it 50m EV's worth of cobalt. IF this was to happen - and ignoring other smaller Aussie states like SA and the potential to roll out their IP protected tech globally (Canada, many parts of Sth America, Indo and unfortunately not Russia now which would have been the biggest market of all for tailings from my understanding) - then in a BEST CASE scenario we would possibly produce 70-100m EV's worth of cobalt but how likely (or unlikely this is) noone could possibly say right now but we would likely be the worlds biggest cobalt producer....that would be the ultimate dream. Whether its a 0.0001% /1% / 10% /50% chance of happening - who can really say..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $29.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.3¢ 7.1¢ $2.052K 28.55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 105532 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.3¢ 114474 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.01am 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.