COB 2.11% 9.3¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Broken Hill global cobalt province., page-457

1. 421 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Hi bluesamurai, may I respectfully ask why you almost always respond to positive comments about COB and cobalt from posters but ignore other posts addressed to you with fairly confronting negative information as per Proxylady's above post. The reason there is negativity is self evident - the share price is down just on 60% in the last year and 53% in around 6 months and material risks to future cobalt demand are now being reported (speculated?) on. Shares generally go up and down for a reason. Blind Freddy missed Kodak going under and I dont want to be in this category ever in any of my investments.

For the sake of balanced discussion is it possible posters dont fall into either 'complete optimist' or 'complete pessimist'. The site is most useful where experienced smart posters try and be balanced and offer insights covering both the good and bad. The pros and cons. The opportunities and risks. On this site some posters are just complete optimists virtually every single post.

Again her key points she was directing to you include:

• The recent large surge in Indonesian exports and a forecast massive increase in Congolese production this year (up 38%).
    • China Moly about to open it’s monster 30,000t pa Congo mine (which is non-artisanal and therefore presumably definition ‘ethical’.
    • Recharge’s newly opening gigafactory in Geelong manufacturing cobalt free EV batteries only.
    • BYD’s Seal EVs imminent release in Australia using latest cell to pack LFP battery technology with range of over 500km despite supposed energy density shortcomings of cobalt-free LFP batteries.
    • The longer-term prospect of an increasing proportion of cobalt demand being met by recycling.
    • This week’s edition of The Economist, one of the world’s preeminent business journals, concluding that no matter how fast the energy transition speeds up, blue gold is unlikely to act as a brake.

I would personally be interested in you trying to address and comment on these key points (esp the LFP 500km range aspect) as we all know its EV battery demand growth that sees cobalt prices in structural deficit and materially higher prices longer term. Its what ultimately will make COB a success. If cobalt isnt needed in EV batteries long term our investment is, if not worthless, going to underwhelm.

Your most recent post talking about cobalts multi uses (I cant remember you ever taking the focus off EV batteries previously..) doesnt address the key point listed above and ignores that the majority of growth in cobalt demand is due to come from EV - nothing to do with these other uses like consumer electronics. If LFP batteries - NOT needing cobalt - become the new norm then cobalt is in strife and we ALL know it - surely you can acknowledge that?

Not trying to have a go at you mate but as a key forum leader on articles and posts in recent years your responses to these confronting issues would be much appreciated

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.4¢ 9.5¢ 9.2¢ $30.14K 325.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 87592 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 27820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.2¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.4¢ 9.5¢ 9.2¢ 132181
Last updated 15.32pm 17/05/2024 ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.