COB 0.00% 9.5¢ cobalt blue holdings limited

Broken Hill global cobalt province., page-853

1. 11,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 579
    COB's web site gives full info on its resource and potential.@Boursebandit pointed to a link which gives a nice snapshot. For me the DRC has been a problematic issue for a COB or any structured cobalt producer outside China, with such a massive proportion of the worlds high grade and cheap cobalt available out of the DRC it was always a bit of a shadow in the background. Only a couple of years ago everyone seemed more than happy to let China dominate, right down to the final battery chemistry.

I don't know exactly when the lights went on in the West to be honest, it just seemed to appear not too long before the USA tabled the IRA and Europe followed. The regulatory requirements went at warp speed through both the US Government and the European Commission almost like they had all this planned long ago. The result was remarkable, in essence the West said we will obtain critical minerals and build our own Western eco system for batteries and more, bypassing China completely.

Last year Kwinana as a COB refinery project did not exist and at no stage before that had a remote refinery ever been on the table. By way of explaining this single change in thinking this is a presentation from Ocean Blue Equities Dec 2022 These guys have always been close to COB, but you will find zero in this presentation about COB getting involved in a refinery anywhere let alone at battery cental in Kwinana. So what happened ?

Momentum happened, (Lots of work... Meetings all over the world, networking in the space US, EU, Japan, India) Government agencys charged with identifying the entities who will form the chains within this new IRA. The numbers alone are mind boggling, it's why I said a while back COB have a tiger by the tail here. A few numbers.....USA will invest US$369bn in clean tech over the next 10 years to meet its climate commitments, it is a big number, almost makes the US$7.6bn seem small, but this alone provides for tax credits up to US$7500.00 per EV vehicle! This graphic shows in more detail how massive all this is, then add the rest of the world less China.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5429/5429186-84962c784c19ce7073d2ed97b7ed0553.jpg

I confess that I don't know what's next, it appears to me that if you could supply refined cobalt with-in the IRA it should be very good, the space is so dynamic, I will watch with much interest.

Cheers
    Phil.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.5¢ 9.6¢ 9.4¢ $25.21K 267.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29000 9.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 27886 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
9.4¢ 9.5¢ 9.3¢ 123740
Last updated 15.40pm 22/05/2024 ?
COB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.