A friend of mine had a problem with one of his sons who he had...

1. 17,307 Posts.
    A friend of mine had a problem with one of his sons who he had molly-coddled and spoiled for much of the child's life...

Now with the boy approaching his mid 20's, the favorite son was a failed once university student, living at home and regularly sponging increasing sums of cash of his parents to spend late nights drinking and smoking dope with a useless and boneheaded collection of no-hopers he called his best mates...

My friend, the boys father, finally decided that enough was enough and set a date that the boy must move out of the house, get a job and and start grow up and to fend for himself...

The temper tantrums, breath-holding until blue in the face and foot-stamping that followed were a sight to see and truly impressive but the father did not back down...

The final date approached and the boy did indeed move out and into a shared rundown and grubby flat with some of his doper mates paid for by the shared dole payments they received...

For a few long and dope-filled months this continued until the boy himself decided that this malignant and wasteful lifestyle could not be the rest of his life, found a low paying job, and moved away from his deadbeat mates.

Fast forward several years and the boy had managed to complete his formerly failed university part-time, his career was on track, he and his beautiful new girlfriend were planning his marriage and the boy had now become a man...

What was the father's greatest joy was the immense thanks his still favorite son gave to him for letting him learn the hard way the faults of his previous ways and that no-one, not even your father, owes you and guarantees you a life of success and you must be willing to work for and earn your rewards...

This is much the situation we are all in with many of our youngsters today, spoilt by government handouts and welfare payments, demanding that the free ride go on an even expand forever and ever...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.