AVH 0.75% $2.65 avita medical inc.

@alakinfitz, reasonable extrapolation, but I think your model is...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    @alakinfitz, reasonable extrapolation, but I think your model is too simple.

I do know that Japan has the second largest insurance market in the world, but in regards to burns - and if we are considering dollar value we would need to accommodate for:

- High safety standards in Japan and a generally safer living environment (fewer car miles driven per capita than most Western countries etc, appliances with safety feature etc.);
    - Well negotiated healthcare at a national level (although this is the same in many countries) - but does help control costs (possibly not such an issue for AVH where Recell value proposition is already strong)

Where there might be some additional weight towards Japan getting a higher ranking could be accidents due to age related factors with the elderly population in Japan remaining independent (if not better supported by family) for much longer than I generally would see in Aus/NZ.

@two, you would like to think so - but it is all about relationships, supply chains of companies and relatively long sales cycles for decision makers. This follows with high customer service in education and training. All known factors in the Japan market. Hence the importance of having a good partner(s). I do think that the results of being so quickly taken on as a standard of care in the States and Aus will really help in a big way, due to this the decision will often be yes, but due to the other factors the time it takes to get the orders will take a while.

I don't think the market is like some other industries in Japan, where if you lock yourself in with a particular wholesaler (under a exclusive distributorship agreement) you can get to the distributor's customers but have very little chance of getting to others - due to relationships between companies being so strong (often families of companies work closely inside a certain network). I doubt this is so relevant with our product, but it is a very strong facet of the Japan business environment.

Regardless, a good sales people who is willing to (just about shamefully) cross Japanese cultural boundaries to get results can do well in Japan.
    Last edited by stuzenz: 05/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.65
Change
-0.020(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $159.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.68 $2.70 $2.63 $496.8K 185.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8481 $2.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.68 13000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.66
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.69 $2.70 $2.64 11993
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.