AIO 0.00% $9.13 asciano limited

broker call

1. 644 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    So we can have a new thread.. :))
    I don't really pay attention too much on broker's call, but I don't ignore them either..

This is from last week FN Arena (7 April 2010 - not so new)

Buy, Medium Risk (1) - BA-ML's upgrade to Asciano's price target has everything to do with upward momentum in the coal sector. The analysts point out some 60mtpa in coal haulage contracts will be up for tender in NSW and Queensland over the next twelve months and, of course, Asciano should be among the main beneficiaries. Over the next five years total new coal haulage should amount to some 185mtpa, even more upside potential for Asciano. Also, the analysts point out the majority (70%) of this potential is located in Queensland, where Asciano has a relatively small market share, thus larger potential for growth. Winning half of the potential volumes will force the company to fork out some $1.4bn in capex, but the analysts estimate an internal rate of return of some 14% - so it would pay off, and handsomely so. All this is sufficient for them to reiterate their Buy rating, with an increased price target of $2.25 (was $2.10 prior). No changes made to forecasts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.