ODN 0.00% 0.0¢ odin energy limited

Broker Data, page-21

1. 1,581 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Note: I'm answering @Wonganella post not deliberately cross promoting.

Mate it was purely a lucky day trade. I was reading the news last night and saw the minister of transport announce the Forrestfield airport link with an Italian company Salini Impregilo. (I'm a WA local so the link is a big deal for us)

Researched this morning and saw they were JV with NWH. Looked through their charts, they had traded at 30c in the last 12 months and were $4 not that long ago. Huge project win + battered SP = buy. They closed at 5.8c day before gapped up to 9.5c on open. I got on at 9.9 and rode it to 17.5. Quanta also did very well out of it today. I have feeling it will still be running Monday but I've had my win and will be putting it back into ODN. We will have our day.

But it makes you think about trading strategy why do I bother having my capital tied up for weeks, months, years when I can just jump onto a company when it is de-risked or deal completed and ride that wave instead of all this waiting around and uncertainty. I made more out of NWH in a few hours with a quarter size of my ODN holding than I have made out of ODN since December.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ODN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.