BRN 1.69% 29.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Happy Australia Day to all those in Australia!Although the ASX...

1. 316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 133
    Happy Australia Day to all those in Australia!

Although the ASX was closed today, I do need to mention that other markets are still open and trading. I have occasionally followed the progress of the stock on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and then its transition into the OTC markets which will be open during my normal day. (I'm sort of a polyphasic sleeper not by choice.)

In my observations, In the transition from the different exchanges at their final price tends to open and acquiesce on the next open market at a price from the previous market's close with the appropriate currency conversion applied. I find this frustrating at times because the OTC markets can be closed on a day the price swings either way and usually on the upside when I want to make my next buy.

I can understand if someone is charting or making predictions for the other markets while one may not be trading for a holiday, but what I've usually seen the best predictor to be is the close of the prior market in their chronology. Of course, we have seen predictions get blindsided before, and I certainly do expect the OTC markets (specifically tech stocks) still have a bit of a bumpy ride in response to the Ukrainian situation, US Feds considering rate changes, US inflation, earnings reports coming due not meeting expectations, etc.

That being said, the European markets will have a crack at it, then OTC markets will come into play today. I think whoever provides a prediction in the two hours between the close of the OTC and the opening of the ASX tomorrow has the best chance of being the most accurate.

Yes, market crashes do occur, but historically, they don't happen that often and even when they do, they've always recovered and continue to go higher in the long run. For those who aren't holding their stocks long-term, I understand the fear and knee-jerk reaction to sell before they continue to see the money they spent on a stock halve and even go lower before it starts to settle and rise again. This could be over several months.

It's a good time to reiterate that unless a company is completely devastated and goes out of business entirely, one has not lost any money until they actually sell that stock and realize their losses. I don't see Brainchip going out of business in the near future. They still have access to the funding they need and they continue to expand their company as they are now into their commercialization phase.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.69%)
Mkt cap ! $535.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.5¢ $1.094M 3.777M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 721510 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 144676 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
29.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
29.3¢ 29.5¢ 28.5¢ 3897836
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.