First of all, Congratulations, you have made mistakes, this is...

1. 533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    First of all, Congratulations, you have made mistakes, this is not wrong, it is just a step on the way to success.

You're hungry for knowledge as well, this is a good start.

One lesson you have learned from your mistakes already is that of trusting others with your money, it's not inherently wrong to do so but you will find that many people are just sharks hunting for innocent souls who are inexperienced and don't know any better. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

So first of all, what your broker failed to tell you was that you could have set a stop loss on your shares - this inherently is a point at which if the share price falls beneath that price, your shares are sold off so you avoid losing any more money, this is a part of risk management.

Risk management is probably the number one thing for investors, especially in stock markets where things can change quicker than you can blink some days. I highly recommend you read and learn all you can about this if you still want to continue.

There are so many resources you have at your fingertips if you wish to get them - I recommend you read Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki as the starting book for your future. Some good ones for learning how to value stocks are The Intelligent Investor, Security Analysis and Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, also all of the warren buffett shareholder letters, any videos online about this sort of topic by buffett are good as well. There are so many more books out there to learn from, The Richest Man In Babylon, Think and Grow Rich, etc are all classics and worthwhile reading as well.

I'm not sure exactly if you want to trade shares or invest but either way it's still going to require the same mindset, and you will need to learn a lot to be successful, I recommend the book Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life - to help you work out your life a little further, you seemed a bit lost so I figure it's a good recommendation.

Goodluck!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.