PTM 1.40% $1.06 platinum asset management limited

I would like to fade regularly fade Bell Potter analyst Marcus...

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I would like to fade regularly fade Bell Potter analyst Marcus Barnard on his other ideas as well but it's too painful for me to read his mental diarrea. I don't want to get dragged down to his level of stupid.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5650/5650514-d09bf2afff54cd2f6a257851bcaea0f1.jpg

I think Andrew Clifford should refrain from discussing the PTM share price as he did in the AFR article (which I won't share) and just say we are focussed on improving the business and the share price will follow. That is what the real class act managements do I think they get coached.

A $0 price target is very silly when the company's liquid net assets are $0.5 and Marcus's proposal to slash costs would destroy the business.
    To be fair there is some unneccessary costs in the company and cost cutting may be needed if conditions continue to deteriorate.

Those who can, do - those who can't become sell-side analysts, the big mistake Marcus makes here is extrapolating a continuation of present conditions and assuming that he knows better than the guys running the company how it should be done.

Sometimes management is very poor and needs a kick up the ass but here it's a combination of ignorance and arrogance on the part of the analyst.
    If it was required here then I wouldn't be invested as the company is too large and I am too small to make it worthwhile, here we need a cyclical turn in the industry that's all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
-0.015(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $614.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.06 $1.07 $1.05 $2.774M 2.628M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 135694 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.06 42452 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.