brokerage rates, page-3

1. 2,839 Posts.
    It all depends on the service you get and if you consider your Broker's expertise to be in your field of interest.
    He cannot be "all things to all people", he may portray himself as such, but it's just not possible.
    By the same token, I defy any investor to be master of all segments of the market, you need to concentrate on the section that interests you, become well versed in it and trade accordingly.
    Track back over your current Broking House's Daily/Weekly/Monthly Newsletter recomendations.... that could give you a surprise or two.
    Kind of amusing at times isn't it, eg Bank West & Rinker, just to mention a couple....definitely not amusing though, if you'd follow their recomendations.

Does your broker call you on a regular basis with news updates, etc.? If not, why?
    Are you offered positions in placements etc., and I'm not talking about the ones like Telstra 2 etc. where even your dog probably got a prospectus.
    These are just a few of the things probably worth weighing up when cosidering a move.

A good broker is hard to find, too many of them have their own snouts so deep in the trough that there's not even spillage for good clients, never mind some slops for the "average Joe".
    On a personal note, in direct contrast to your proposal, I've followed my adviser through four Broking Houses.
    Good luck whatever your choice,
    Cheers,
    Carl.
    BTW, who are you with at present?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.