EGR 5.00% 10.5¢ ecograf limited

KNL will more likely get hit as well as other Graphite plays,...

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    KNL will more likely get hit as well as other Graphite plays, however this has been a long time coming. The export ban was imposed months ago, tensions have been rising between the Tanz government and Acacia/Barrick etc. CBA has just injected more money into this stock and their analysts/economists would not have missed a sovereign risk such as this - don't believe they're in business to make a loss (albeit any of us here). The world bank just approved $350M for a port upgrade (Dar Es Salaam) 2/7/16, in order to boost trade and relieve congestion and inefficiency. The Government is definitely committed to mining and recently passed bills are there to protect them - for the first two - one defines "unconscionable terms" as anything that is "contrary to good conscience and the enforce-ability of which jeopardises the interests of the people" of Tanzania, I totally agree with this and KNL has acted in good faith and not in anyway that is detrimental to the people and this potentially may mean time delays to re-negotiate some contracts however there are currently in that process so do not see this a massive hindrance - two the bills reject international arbitration which is a standard requirement of many international deals, and stipulate that any renegotiation must be completed within 90 days or that section of the contract is void. The third to give the Tanzanian Government a free-carried 16 per cent stake in mining companies as well as the option to acquire up to a 50 per cent stake, so further dilution at stake for KNL and many other mining, oil & gas companies. Can see this as a significant slice, however once legislation is passed IMO will be <= 10%.

These ANN's are simply spooking people and businesses need to respect the country/jurisdiction they're doing business in, not simply setting up shop and raping the country for their resources and sending $$$'s OS into the pockets of shareholders. Acacia/Barrick is the cause of this and KNL still has a bright future ahead despite things taking longer than expected i.e 4-5 yrs f'en longer from 2013-14 days! My sentiment is hold/buy and don't expect magic in the short term, sure day-traders and the likes will pick up their fodder along the way but the company will still make it to production and the BFS will not be +$200M more like ~$120-130M with some further dilution. Hold on tight for the bumpy ride, I've been on it for years and my ass is starting to hurt literally from all the bumps + tightening. GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $6.626K 64.35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 143861 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 8219 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.52am 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.