"a kick off and the penrith player had a foot in and one out but...

1. 7,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    "a kick off and the penrith player had a foot in and one out but clearly dropped the ball, ie a knock on"

rabbitoh
    When I was playing, 70's to 90's, the rule was that you could have one or both feet over the sideline from a kickoff and you either had to catch the ball on the full or touch it with an outstretched arm even though the ball falls in any direction because with one or both legs outside the field of play, it (Ball) is deemed to be out of the field of play ie Out on the full=Penalty from the centre of half way (where the kick off was taken).

With the kick off and a player leaps from the field of play and knocks the ball forward back into the field of play then it is a knock on by him. (Same for a kick in general play)

I think the rule has changed for the taking the ball around the dead in goal line from a kick off but I dont know if the rule has changed for the side line?

If there are any Refs out there, then they can correct me if the rule has changed for the incident you described.

Md

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.