AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

Although I think low rank coal's days are numbered in power...

1. 4,289 Posts.
    Although I think low rank coal's days are numbered in power generation, this is another potential opportunity for Mantle's low ash LV coal. There is a good reason the Vic Gov recognizes the unique quality of the LV's resource. It's high quality low ash low impurity with some of the world's best strip ratios making it very cheap to mine. It can truly be turned into a high quality BCE, and there are many many tech's currently being developed that could potentially convert it.

Ash content is not significantly reduced when transforming brown coal to a black coal equivalent(BCE) therefore high ash BCE will not imo be classed as "clean coal" when combined with new state of the art HELE power stations. This makes LV coal stand out from many of the low quality brown coal deposits around the globe.

"November 2015

China and India in particular are moving towards the deployment of these power plants. India is currently building new coal-fired power plants that together will deliver twice Australia's entire installed power generation capacity. And from 2017, all new coal-fired plants built in India will be required to use supercritical technology or better, thereby producing fewer emissions.

These high energy, low emissions power plants run best when supplied with high energy, low ash coal. India's coal resources are typically low energy and high ash, while NSW coal is generally the higher quality, low ash type. This presents NSW with a potential new major market, while at the same time contributing to lower emissions."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/malco...ch-to-coal-20151103-gkpt6n.html#ixzz3sBOnoYD2

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.