MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

BRR:That is an interesting question that Mr Dido asks. Why don't...

1. 949 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    BRR:
    That is an interesting question that Mr Dido asks. Why don't we just increase the choke size and get a better flow

MLA:
    Yes, Baboo, a most interesting question. If I may refer Mr Dido to this old 1988 article in the Journal of Petroleum Technology... a bit old but I think that he may find some sort of answer to his most interesting question there, and a bit more information as well. So he can look it up at

http://www.codexpublishinginc.com/Portals/66/SPE%2015250_Flowback.pdf

Placing a choke at the wellhead means fixing the wellhead pressure and, thus, the flowing bottom-hole pressure and production rate .

For a given wellhead pressure, by calculating pressure loss in the tubing the flowing bottomhole pressure can be determined. If the reservoir pressure and productivity index is known, the flow rate can then be determined on the basis of inflow performance relationship (IPR).

The simple act of changing the surface choke size of a flowing well to increase flow may cause the well to die, resulting in loss of money, both in lost production and expenses to bring the well in again.

BRR:
    Most interesting bits of information and you will be glad to know that you have totally lost me now.

MLA:
    If you read the conclusion section in that article, you will get a pretty rough idea of what is concluded.

BRR:
    Mmm,,,ahh...so now, I think I had better ask something intelligent about hydraulic fraccing in low permeability sandstone, like what Metgasco is doing...now, could you give me some clues as to what I can ask you, to appear like I know what I am talking about, which is kind of hard....because actually I don't have a clue?

MLA:
    That's a very good sort of a question, Baboo, a very good sort of a question about fraccing and I suppose I could direct you to

http://www.ogbus.ru/eng/authors/Dmour/Dmour_1.pdf

because it talks a little about your question. of course you will realise that this refers to the RH gas fields in Jordan, so the flow rates are much better than Metgasco's.

BRR:
    Ooh, um, that appears quite a lot of reading to do....and I am not sure if I understand that either, except that there are a lot of camels in Jordan, all running around trying to get one hump or two and the girls are very pretty. Gosh, this is one mother of a hard interview for me, and I don't know why that Dildo747 had to bring all this up in the first place.

MLA:
    Actually it is dido7875, baboo, not Dildo 747....you are mixing up the names and upsetting everybody.

Now, I think that if you read the "Conclusions" part of this second article, you will get a pretty good handle of what is being said, Baboo.

BRR:
    Well, I guess it is time to call this interview over as I really have lost myself inside out this time, and most apologies to Mr Dodoman for geting his name wrong and calling him a Dildoman. Very sorry. Thank you for coming, mr Lincoln and by the way.....is that a Numba One I see tucked behind your left ear??

MLA:
    ooh, thank you for having me and thank you for pointing out that Numba One ...I have been looking all day for it and I knew it had to be somewhere, and there it is, tucked away behind my left ear...I would never have guessed. Blessing of the Lord to everyone.

BRR:
    Ear, ear, Lincoln old chap.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.237M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $15.10K 3.020M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 12429649 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3756407 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.