MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

brr.com.au/event/66438, page-7

1. UFX
    1,132 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 311
    Banjo25

I quite liked your tax system explanation with beer. I gave you a thumbs up but it didn't register. Perhaps we have wine lovers amongst us.

I really like Nicks webcasts. He always comes out looking positive even if some news is a little negative. Rudds tax plans seem to be neutralised concerning MCO in the medium term and the plant may be slightly late because of developement plans. The concreting of slabs after approvals will be the hold up now. If they are delayed a week or 2, I don't think it will sway any holders or potential buyers who know the big picture.

Hopefully they have a common sense engineer overseeing the project so they can start putting the plant together early. Traditionally concrete achieves about 95% strength in 28 days but it also achieves about 50% strength in 24 hours and about 60% in a few days. Slabs are always over engineered so I would think they could be putting things together within the 1st week of pouring. They can also have overstrength concrete delivered which will speed things up. The intitial work will probably involve lifting and placing things together with a crane. There will be very little vibration during the first period. Testing and vibrations occur later when its all together.

I have been involved in building industry devevopements amongst other ventures in the last 20 years and very often I have had carpenters standing frames on concrete poured the previous day avoiding exposed concrete areas like garages. I have also had tiled roof loads on concrete slabs 1 week after pouring. I know that AV Jennings go even further, in that they have had carpenters working on poured slabs on the same day. It all comes down to the engineering on the site, and who is the supervisor. If the concreting is prepared well, there is little chance of failure.

Back to the broadcast, Maxwells head grade is going to be a cracker by Nicks reckoning. The present stock pile is going to dilute that quite a lot initially because there is so much developemental ore in it, but I think the tonnage that will come out of Maxwells is going to surprise the market, and most of it will be bonaza grades.

I'm thinking that they will be stoping sub level 7 also in a couple of months time. Its head grade will probably be even more impressive than Maxwells. The back log using the shaft can be remedied massively by going 2 shifts in the mining.

I think there are some good opportunities to sample some ore from the outside dykes also, as Chief and jjj have alluded to on the other thread. I think easy ore from the outside dykes can also come from the Waverly dyke. If they move a 25 ton or larger track excavator to carve up the Waverly dyke from the new track only 1km from the hub. I'm almost certain that they will encounter auriferous reefs in the oxidised zone which the old timers missed or couldn't be bothered with while chasing higher grades. Its in the MIN so they only have to have the right measures in place to protect the environment. At worst case they will uncover old workings which will be more accessable for exploration.

Ari

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.