KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

brr - placement, page-11

1. 1,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 389
    I've sold the last of my KEY holding today after listening to the underwhelming brr interview.

As much as the price is ridiculous, I struggle to see where the real upside is going to come for KEY and see better opportunities elsewhere.

Tanzania is being flogged off in a depressed market whilst facing a continuing lack of progress. Not sure how much the asset sale will yield? And it is one of KEY's two best ptential assets.

Government action to restrict offshore drilling in Italy is a worrying development as this is the only other KEY asset offering massive upside potential.

The UK assets promised upside production potential, and now Ken tells us they're going to be lucky to produce a little over 100 bbopd. And where did the cash and plans go for the horizontal in the UK?

My worry is that even if they sell Tanzania for $5M plus, the funds will be frittered away leaving shareholders with little appreciable gains.

What next? Sell Italy in a depressed market and be left with three non-core assets?

Good luck guys. I may be back if they get their stuff together. If not, I sincerely hope they can turn things around for the poor, long-suffering shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.