CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

brr summary, page-37

1. 2,527 Posts.
    "You are clearly displaying the process of sentiment driven analysis.

If Smyth had announced the granting of the Kwanza onshore at the end of Feb and our price now at 40c...even just 30c...how then would you view Smth's previous communications?

Does a dicision by the Angolese to delay onshore granting for everyone till after the election, reflect on Smyth's comments? What if he was simply communicating what he had been told?

Regardless, your views on previous correspondence are being impacted by the current share price...which itself has been impacted by delays essentially out of Smyth's control.

In a transitinal value play like CVI, sentiment is everything."

T4P... I have voiced disappointment with BRR salesmanship when the share price was double what it is now, so whilst it is true that the current share price affects judgment in some instances, I don’t think that is the case with this particular criticism. Regardless of whose ‘fault’ it was, we have been told several times via BRR that a b and c would be happening by x date, only to be let down.

Of course my opinion would differ if what was discussed had also been delivered. But it hasn’t, so I don’t think it is unreasonable to be skeptical. I would be more worried about someone who didn’t hold a little reservation based on what has transpired.

So you see, my criticism of the BRR has little to do with current prices and more to do with how much one can actually take from a BRR. As such, the criticism would stand, regardless of what happens from here on in. Hopefully we will get something one day that will make it very easy to forgive!

The last sentence of your post, in bold, I completely agree with. And sentiment is shot, possibly for a range of reasons, one of which I believe being the markets faith in projects being signed off (the market being smashed doesn’t help, though I am pretty sure no world indices have retraced 70% or so from their highs).

Bit of a long post I know, but it pains me when people take criticism as a knee jerk thing, I have expressed these kinds of views before at much higher levels. This was a discussion about CVI and BRR’s, not just a slag out of CVI because the price is low. The shareprice isn’t the be all and end all to me, I am more then capable of a bigger picture view point. Within that bigger picture there are many areas up for discussion, this being one of them.

I am still a holder, have been for almost half of my trading life, lol.

"you will do what suits you best; if you decide to hold, I look forward to future posts once the deals are set"

Hitched, I am in it for the long run. The shareprice wont talk me in to selling, a change for the worse in fundamentals would. I just doubt that day will come because every time we are let down the let down is cushioned with a bigger promise. Lol I am a sucker for these promises ; )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.