BRS 0.00% $1.49 broadspectrum limited

Not one allegation of rape or similar has been proven regarding...

1. DSD
    15,757 Posts.
    Not one allegation of rape or similar has been proven regarding refugees under the care of TSE/BRS.

From today's Oz:

'
    The Immigration Department says it has uncovered “no evidence, whatsoever, anywhere” that a five-year-old child was raped on Nauru, savaging the ABC for “advocacy parading as journalism”.

The report in question, sourced by the ABC’s 7.30 to paediatrician Karen Zwi, alleged last week that “a five-year-old boy who was raped on Nauru and risks being returned to his attacker”. Dr Zwi told the program that the child was “raped on Nauru” and “began to self-harm”.
    However the department, in evidence to a Senate committee, today revealed the child in question was more than 10 years’ old and the alleged assault related to “skin-on-skin contact” by another asylum-seeker who was two years older.
    “The issue had been brought to our attention at the time. The case was investigated byMr (Philip) Moss in his report (into abuse claims on Nauru), it had also been investigated by the child protection panel … (which) determined that the department’s responses to the actions were correct,” Cheryl-Anne Moy, first assistant secretary of the department, told the senators.
    “The allegations were raised by the parent. At the time that those allegations were raised, support services were wrapped around the family, both medical and welfare and counselling, the child was moved to Australia for further treatment in terms of counselling … within a month of the instance.”
    Ms Moy said the child was receiving “world class” treatment and the department hoped the child would not “be damaged at all by being identified as the person that’s being spoken about in the media”.
    Immigration Department secretary Mike Pezzullo lashed the media’s reporting of the case.
    “It’s getting to a point where there is advocacy parading as journalism that is actually deleterious to a sensible discussion about these matters,” Mr Pezzullo said.
    “We’ve gone beyond journalism when you’ve got certain segments of the media undertaking essentially pamphleteering of almost a political nature and then in that context the facts just get bent.
    “The allegation that my department is somehow complicit in a regime where children are raped and they are returned to a brutal regime of detention, I reject that utterly.”
    Mr Pezzullo accepted Nationals senator Barry O’Sullivan’s characterisation that his officials had uncovered ““no evidence, whatsoever, anywhere” that a five-year-old was raped on Nauru.
    Dr Zwi has told the department she did not tell the ABC the child was five years’ old, Ms Moy said.
    In a statement, Dr Zwi said: “As a paediatrician I have provided information which was factually accurate.
    “I do not wish to be drawn into the age of the child concerned for confidentiality reasons but all children have a right to expect safe and nurturing environments.
    “That is not currently happening for many children in immigration detention. A child is a child. I stand by the statements I have made with regard to children in detention.”
    Dr Zwi declined to say whether she had been taken out of context by the ABC.'

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...alian&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.