NSE 0.00% 0.4¢ new standard energy limited

bru vs nse geology, page-8

1. 5,943 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20205
    Also;

Larapinta Seaway theory was wrong. Canning basin was a closed embayment under restricted conditions. This was in favour source rock development than an open seaway conditions

I can give more detail about this issue if wanted. I just want to mention here as it is very important.

I was not sure for a long time if enough organic matter was accumulated at Gibb Maitland and Blatchford locations to provide high TOC levels! However I am a lot more optimistic about it because I have found out that Canning basin was not connected to Amadeus basin through Larapinta Seaway during mid-Ordovician. I made a post about Larapinta Seaway sometime ago and said that those two basins were connected. I said it was good for marine shales. However I understood that this theory is wrong as some scientist geologist have proved it.

"Therefore, assuming the absence of a seaway connection in Middle Ordovician time, the best Goldwyer source rocks may yet be found toward the poorly explored eastern end of the basin"

See what this document says. EASTERN END OF BASIN !
    This could be the Barbwire terrace but it is already drilled a lot. What about the Crossland Platform?

Did the Larapintine Seaway link the Canning and Amadeus basins during the Ordovician (Page 4)

“Whether or not a continuous Larapintine Seaway ever existed is not merely an academic question, but has practical implications for petroleum exploration. In the Canning Basin, for example, major risks associated with wildcat exploration of the Ordovician section in the eastern end of the basin include the poorly known distribution of source rocks and the difficulty of locating good reservoir facies. Closed embayments and restricted conditions are more likely to favour source rock development than an open seaway. Furthermore, in the case of enclosed embayments, source rock conditions might be expected to improve inboard away from the open ocean."

"As discussed earlier, there is some evidence that this is the case for the main Ordovician source rock units in both basins, increasing in source potential towards the western limit of preservation in the Amadeus Basin, and towards the east at least as far as the Barbwire Terrace in the Canning Basin. Therefore, assuming the absence of a seaway connection in Middle Ordovician time, the best Goldwyer source rocks may yet be found toward the poorly explored eastern end of the basin.”

There was no connection between Canning and Amadeus Basins. This map shows it wrongly.

PS: I thank you jrvossie. Sorry to see you moderated again. Try being less rebelion like me mate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NSE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.