BRU 2.27% 8.6¢ buru energy limited

What's more exciting.. Potentially doubling or quadrupling our...

1. 2,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 483
    What's more exciting.. Potentially doubling or quadrupling our oil reserves in one hit in a big gusher like in the movies that shows the whole trend can produce and there are decades left in the share, or shoring up production in 25% increases to an already forecast level that lasts 5-6 years?

If you're going to invest in a producer as a proxy for POO then invest in the biggest producer you can find where every dollar extra a barrel costs means an extra million dollars a day.

Buru being a producer is good, but to me personally it's not what I'm here for. I'd be looking at these drills even if they were the first drills a new company had ever put in the ground. If the new drills dusted for that new company it would crater their SP. Buru's won't because it has production. It has a base. It has infrastructure and targets to hit that unlock more profitability. But that's not why I'm here.

When/if new drills find significant success outside the immediate Ungani province then it starts growing to the point where each new drill has less effect on the sp as the market cap grows and the leverage is proportionally lower. I don't invest in Woodside looking at a particular drill's spud date. I don't invest in Buru overly concerned with current production rates.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm not saying it's not a good idea for Buru to produce at the highest level it's physically capable of and production levels are meaningless, it's just how I see it in broad investment terms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
-0.002(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $57.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.1¢ 9.1¢ 8.6¢ $7.454K 84.14K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80672 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.1¢ 61688 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.