40 was doing his at sat night pitch, selling newspapers, back...

1. 4,833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    40 was doing his at sat night pitch, selling newspapers, back early 60's when the famous black taxi drew up. do you know where the (whatever the name) was. i pointed to the venue. it was of course the rolling stones ... and wait for it.
    they had come to our local venue to fill in for the 'animals' who couldn't make it lol ! 'house of the rising sun' had been released just then. we served the animals manager. he was a bit of wkr.

the stones hadn't quite made it back then but did they did very shortly after.

sat with diana dors at fontwell racecourse chatting for an hour and didn't know who she was lol. i was young and innocent. still am he he.

knew tony hancock and his wife personally during the time hancock was on a roll early 60's. spent many times at their home. many many memories. but most are sad. still have a telegram from tony and mag bits and pieces. i remember telling tony hancock, the toe knee hand cock joke lol. i was about 12 yrs old then. he was smashing. his wife cynthia, more so. he loved all the local kids too. was an asset to our small community. committed suicide in sydney. his first wife cynthia commited suicide later. he had divorced to marry freddie, as in woman lol. still remember tony's newspaper order. express, mail, mirror and daily herald. all 10 sunday newspapers of that time plus harpers and queen which were seperate mags then. gees this dates me.

40's met and knew/knows lots of famous people. his life's been very interesting. had the opportunity to do so having had a newsagents for 10 yrs serving the rich and famous. we even served the queen. how about that lol. never met her personally nor queen mum but was well aquainted with the parker-bowles's with whom queenie and mum stayed. i have a letter from princess alex. have photo of myself with lavinia duchess of norfolk, whom i got to know from a mutual friend. great days. most contacts came from my days as a wild 50c punter on the turf.

and for those interested, diana's dad bought the house next door to the parker-bowles's (camilla's inlaws)! camilia's husband andrew, drove the coach and horse for charles and di at their wedding.

40's has all the goss lol.

great days, great memories.

be good,

reminiscing 40.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.