LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

To AGYers, I can understand you being irked by some of HaHa's...

1. 2,555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1670
    To AGYers, I can understand you being irked by some of HaHa's interventions, but obviously he doesn't like hype, which was the main cause of the recent AGY price correction.

In terms of HaHa's lithium recovery numbers for GXY's Sal de Vida project, he has confused the resource reserve number with that for the total resource.  The lithium recovery rate for projects utilising the evaporation pond process is normally around 50%, so you can effectively halve your JORC to get an idea of how much LCE a company can potentially produce over the life of the project.  If AGY produces a JORC of 300k, then it will be able to produce about 150k of LCE from its tenements.  AND it wont be able to siphon from Energi's adjacent tenements as they are about to regulate to prevent this occurring in Argentina, and one of the first provinces to be caught by the new regulatory framework is Salta.

Onspeed, you posted:

"Our LPI friend must be refering to the hype where our company has secured Land, Built Ponds, Infrastructure, A 500t/pa Pilot Plant, Employed 15 People, Drilling, Earned 77.5%, Produced a First Product from Plant and all this within 2 years. That “hype”.

All the while his company has had the government take half their total land and the main director resign.

You’d think he would be happy to see another Australian company get set up to produce Lithium products as there hasn’t been one since ORE but nope, just full of competitive hate and downramping because it’s not his company doing it."

I would like to respond to some of your points.  Yes AGY recently secured optioned land it has on the Rincon Salar, BUT it needed to acquire those holdings otherwise the resource within the boundaries of those properties could not being included in AGY's long-awaited JORC.  LPI secured its landholdings on the Maricunga two years ago.

Yes AGY has built ponds, a large pilot plant and employed a few people etc. etc.  I think what HaHa gets cranky about is all the hype that comes with it from certain posters.  For example, until AGY knows its JORC and completes a PEA, its investors will have NO IDEA what the potential financial return from the Rincon project could be.  Talk of AGY achieving a 1, 2 and 3 billion dollar market cap is foolish as the Rincon project NPV might be lucky to hit US$300 million.

All this blind faith about the production process being the be all and end all is utter crap.  It is one spoke in the resource development hub.  I have read over and over the common AGY joke about LPI's engineering consultants producing a beaker full of BG LCE in a laboratory in some far way country.  Yes that is partly true, but the engineering firms which produced 99.9% BG LCE from LPI's stage 2 pilot plant are the companies (Veolia and GEA) commissioned to construct/supply ORE's new hydroxide plant and Tianqi's new lithium plant at Kwinana. So LPI is in good hands.  Pablo is not the only cook in the kitchen.

In terms of the Government taking half of LPI's total land, that is a false statement.  LPI owns its land holdings (old code and new code) on the Maricunga salar outright and no third party has taken anything.  The issue at heart is the hand grenade CEOL granted to Codelco by the last Chile Government and whether it impinges on LPI's rights to apply and secure a CEOL for its Litio properties.  Regardless of the Litio issue, LPI is steaming ahead with its project because it has enough high grade lithium under its old code tenements to last for decades, with the project EIA scheduled to be lodged this month and the DFS due in Q3 2018.

I will be the first to admit that LPI has not been knocking its price out of the park over the last six months but the Maricunga project has always been a middle-distance race.  The biggest difference between the Rincon and Maricunga projects is transparency.  There is a truck load of qualitative and quantitative information on the Maricunga project and virtually nothing on the Rincon project.  For example, AGY wont even release the names of the consultant firms undertaking the JORC and PEA.  WTF, what do they have to hide?  Like the drilling undertaken in late 2017 and early 2018 - where are the results after all this time?  The latest announcement about the kilo of LCE contained no secs on the product.   The continual lack of disclosure is a MAJOR RED FLAG to me Kemosabe.

Good luck with your investment Onspeed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.