LPI 0.00% 56.5¢ lithium power international limited

Haha, your a brave person to repeatedly jump into the AGY lion's...

1. 2,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1674
    Haha, your a brave person to repeatedly jump into the AGY lion's den.

In terms of the GXY reserve, measured and indicated and inferred resource numbers for Sal de Vida, they refer to different measures of resource certainty and dont have anything to do with lithium recovery rates. 50% is usually the benchmark figure used as the lithium recovery rate for the evaporation pond process. That is why LPI has plenty of upside in terms of the extraction quota awarded by CCHEN in March 2018, because the quota was calculated off a 40% recovery rate.

In theory Onspeed is correct in that currently there is no regulatory framework to prevent an operator from siphoning lithium brine from outside their tenement holdings. However it has been recognised by authorities in Argentina as a potential problem and they are about to design a regulatory framework to negate this possibility.

Yes I find some of the AGY irrational exhuberance tiresome, but would also point out that we have posters on LPI who can sometimes talk it up way too much, particularly about prospective prices. As I posted last week, one does not know what is around the corner so best to keep a level head about things. We have some way to go at Maricunga but we are getting there. I believe the development of a constructive working relationship with the Chilean Government, relevant regulatory authorities and other stakeholders like Codelco is the most important task for LPI in coming months - the appointment of Martin Borda and Cristobal Garcia-Huidobro to the LPI Board is a great move to ensuring a positive outcome in this regard.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.