i'm no fan of turnbull but there's one moment that has stuck in...

1. 98 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    i'm no fan of turnbull but there's one moment that has stuck in my mind - it was footage shown on the news of turnbull in parliament a few months ago absolutely ripping into shorten for having no business or real-life work experience because all he's ever done is to go from being a union official to a politician. he was pointing at him and yelling "you've never worked a day in your life and you've never earned a dollar for yourself in your whole life".

i thought that it was a very powerful, even devastating image. i don't know why the liberals don't push this line more often. there was a newspaper article recently explaining the rapid increase over the last few decades of MPs who's backgrounds are being union officials or they went from uni straight to jobs working for political parties and then onto pre-selection. in other words there's been an increase (on both sides but more pronounced for Labor) of MPs who have zero real world experience. they've never had a job and these are the people that believe they are qualified to run our economy and our country. let's hear more about this..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.