NEU 3.15% $21.27 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Hello, Yes good question -- I went through a similar exercise...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    Hello,

Yes good question -- I went through a similar exercise during my personal investment due diligence as well.

Based on a conversation with an expert in the field please see summary of differences between the compounds:

- NNZ-2566 is an oral solution vs an injection;
    - NNZ-2566 is a modified portion of IGF-1 and not the whole protein, doesn't seem to affect bone stimulation and it can be safely administered to all ages (shotgun versus sniper rifle);
    - IGF-1 use is unsafe post puberty... It stimulates bone growth in wrong place (particularly in the face/jaw) and cause some deformities and other issues --> poor functioning bone + bone cancer risk. So there’s a window of time when IGF-1 could be administered as a treatment; and,
    - As IGF-1 is less targeted there is a higher probability that long term use will lead to negative side effects --> accelerate bone + organ + cancer growth rates. This lack of growth related side effects has the additional benefit that NNZ-2566 may be safer to increase dosage/better tollerance.

One last comment. Current valuations via Bell Potter etc. are based on 10-20% peak market share but even if IGF-1 was approved because it is contrindicated post puberty the peak market share will likely be closer to 50%. However, as NNZ-2566 is more targeted and doesn't seem to affect growth stimulation it is likely to be selected for administration by the majority of parents of younger patients too ( i know what treatment I would select as a parent ... oral versus injection and more targeted.

In conclusion, regardless of whether IGF-1 is eventually approved NEU is undervalued and as others have said, first to to market and marketing exclusivity periods via orphan drug designation / breakthrough therapy will be king anyway.

Regards,

Eights

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.27
Change
0.650(3.15%)
Mkt cap ! $2.718B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.84 $21.56 $20.76 $7.760M 364.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1378 $21.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.29 218 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.